If you are sending documents overseas then you may need to engage a Notary Public.
Mr Paddy Curran, the principal of Enrights Solicitors is a Notary Public and a Fellow of The Australian and New Zealand College of Notaries.
As a Notary, he can assist with the following:
- Attestation of documents and certification of their due execution for use in Australia and internationally
- Preparation and certification of powers of attorney, wills, deeds, contracts and other legal documents
- Administering of oaths for use in Australia and internationally
- Witnessing affidavits, statutory declarations and other documents for use in Australia and internationally
- Certification of copy documents for use Australia and internationally
- Exemplification of official documents.
What is a Notary Public?
A Notary Public (sometimes referred to as a Notary) is a public officer, usually a senior practising solicitor authorised to witness documents, administer oaths, or perform other administrative functions of an international nature. Notaries affix their impressed (usually red) seal on documents witnessed by them.
Australian Notaries Public are appointed by the Supreme Court of the relevant State or Territory in which they intend to practice.